Anyway--I got to #19 on Sunday. Go me! I think I should have been using a spiral-bound notebook, since the pages are coming out of my spine-glued one. *sigh* Luckily, I'm getting to the point where I have less and less to say. Maybe that means one day soon I'll actually WRITE one of the many plot bunnies that keep me awake at night. Most of what I have now is my stupid questions, like:
Why did they decide to have Frodo NOT reading (or smoking) in the tree? Couldn't they get him down, or what? I guess breaking Elijah's leg to start the movie probably wasn't a good option. And what is he reading, anyhow?
At one point when Elrond is talking to Gandalf, we see the same person (well, elf I imagine) walking around in back of Elrond throughout the entire scene. Is he waiting for Elrond or something? An assignation for later?
I've gone back to being dazzled by Orlando. I was so dazzled initially, that when the first shock wore off, I'm afraid I rather short-changed him. Well, I'm watching him again, and he's still dazzling. (Still the prettiest, too--yeah, Cassie!)
For once, I remembered to look at Viggo's face in the Moria/Balin's Tomb scenes, to see if I could see where he smacked it with the surfboard. Boy howdy. For a long time, we only see the right side of his face--either he's turned, or his hair is over the left side or he's moving so fast you can't make his face out at all. Finally, after he's thrown against the wall by Bob (the cave troll), we're allowed to see the huge shiner and the swollen cheekbone. Ouch. I guess we're supposed to think that's a result of the fight, and not of trying to keep up with 4 hobbits and an elf...
Will I ever get to the point where I take Sean Bean's performance for granted? I think he has (and hits) the most diverse notes in this installment (although I'm sure Elijah will get the overall award long before it's over). He's self-assured and arrogant, proud and brave, strong and loyal, insecure and afraid, protective and supportive... it's just a brilliant performance. I hope he's stayed in the US to go to the Oscars--I hate to think of him having to fly back and forth unless maybe he has Orli to cling to again.
When Frodo offers the ring to Aragorn (OK, so he actually says, "Would *you* destroy it?", but it comes to the same thing), does he KNOW absolutely that Aragorn will not be seriously tempted? Or at that point, is he so upset that he doesn't care? Does he want Aragorn to prove himself (as he did) or is he expecting to see Strider be the next to fall to the power of the ring?
And finally... I think I saw TWO orcs move this time, when Aragorn ran over them to Boromir. Well, I think I'd move to if Viggo tramped on me. After all, they're probably just not quite dead yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment