Moved the date up from Sunday so I didn't have to worry about the Oscar coverage while I was gone. Gotta keep this stuff in mind! Also went back to my favorite international news-stand for the first time in years. So great. Heidi went with me--#2 viewing for her. I refrained from saying "pervy hobbit lover" even once.
If my LOTR notebook makes it through another 5 viewings, I'll be amazed. It's only the clip on the pen that's holding it together now. So much for spine-bound, cheap notebooks.
Things that make you say "hmmmm"
* Gandalf sitting in Bag End, smoking and thinking. Ever notice that he says "My precious" when Frodo returns?
* Merry sure likes that flat-palm-to-Frodo's-chest gesture. He does it several times. Merry or Dom, one wonders?
So, about Legolas always riding bareback. Not necessarily an elf thing, since all the elves don't do it. I wonder if Orlando breaking his rib changed their plans at all? You can't see a saddle when Legolas rides into Rivendell, or in the shot from TTT. But a stirrup is visible, so *some* kind of tack.
I love the look Sam gives Frodo in the Shire, just after Gandalf leaves. Definitely one of those "See!?" ones. "Look what you got us into." Sam and wizards are not a comfortable combination.
I love the amazing disappearing/reappearing chain around Frodo's neck. You can see it at first in the bed in Rivendell--as short as it generally is, you *should* see it under the nightshirt, but it's only visible briefly. You can see it for a second after he falls in the snow--and you shouldn't, since he's supposed to have had it fall off.
These are getting shorter and shorter. Maybe the notes about #21 will just be about our Fellowship? There are a whole bunch of us going Friday to Evanston to see the new trailer (read Harry's AICN summary at Two Towers Preview. If we get 9 in our little group (not counting any other Chicago Fellowship people who might come), we're going to pick characters. Dibs on Frodo!
No comments:
Post a Comment