Went to LotR Viewing #23 on Saturday night, on an IMAX screen in Addison, IL. Yowza, Frodo eyes are even more deadly on a big screen. Can't say I'll be able to tolerate that for TTT or RotK, but for FotR it was nice. The screen was actually very slightly wider than my eyes could easily see--I rather liked the feeling of "choosing" to watch a certain part of the screen.
And I also chose to watch the number of times Frodo could eat, but doesn't (as opposed to should sleep, but either doesn't or is woken up): He packs all that food in Bag End that we never see him eat; Sam hands him water when they first set out and are still in the Shire (but we don't see him drink it); we see them smoking and laying a fire in the Shire but no meal in evidence; he holds a tankard in The Prancing Pony but I didn't see him drink from it (and he's not eating, although Sam is); he is helping the other hobbits set up for second breakfast after they leave Bree (but of course Aragorn makes them move on); he passes on the offer of tomatoes, sausages, and nice crispy bacon in favor of putting out the fire on Weather Top; Sam brings him a whole plate of food while they are watching Boromir teach swordfighting to Merry and Pippin (he takes it but doesn't eat anything). Any more that I missed?
I'm making a lot of progress on updating my Sean Bean video collection. I'm up to 15 movies now, with two more on the way, plus the Sharpe episodes. I even re-watched Scarlett this week (see photo), which I think should count as "above and beyond the call of fandom." How can they make such an awful movie with such a fantastic cast?
No comments:
Post a Comment