21 June 2002

Despite the hot, humid weather, lack of sleep, and a migraine no doubt in response to the first two, I made it to Viewing #29 last night, accompanied by Heidi. The theatre was unexpectedly comfortable (I was expecting at least mildly hot) and we grabbed that front and center table, so all in all, things went well. A *lot* of smokers out last night--easily the majority of the audience--and it was a fairly rowdy crowd for a weeknight, but other than a little more commentary than I feel is optimum during Boromir's death scene, nothing we couldn't handle (and I *love* being able to cheer wildly when Aragorn lops off Lurtz's head--not to mention scream in glee when I see Gandalf the White in the teaser footage).

Also had a chance to show Heidi the photos of Nick in "Black Book" and the hobbit pile photo in the latest fanclub magazine, which I finally got yesterday. The fanclub has been repeatedly unable to get my address fixed--it apparently appears 3 different ways in three different spots in their records--but in answer to a rather curt e-mail from me yesterday, they indicate that all is now well. Fingers crossed. It would be nice if *something* in my life was fixed!

Yesterday had its ups and downs with respect to my upcoming (next weekend) trip to San Francisco, too. I got confirmation that Sir Ian was confirmed for the big brunch on Saturday, so since Cody had agreed to go with me if Ian was definite (at $75/ticket, it's a bit pricey to chance it otherwise), I went ahead and ordered two tickets. Got the e-mailed confirmation back right away--woo hoo, I'm going! They also say that photography is OK, so maybe I will have something closer than the hoped-for parade shots. Just when I was really starting to look forward to the trip, I heard from the friend with whom I am sharing hotel space, that she and her friend might not make it after all. Better make those alternate hotel arrangements today, and keep fingers crossed that this doesn't blow me out of the water entirely.

No comments: