29 June 2002

OK, thanks to Viewing #30, I was *way* behind on packing and had to fly out on less than two hours of sleep. Despite nearly missing the plane due to the worst airport congestion I've ever seen, things went fairly smoothly after that. San Francisco is as beautiful as I remember and the weather is ideal, so of course I spent the afternoon shopping. The location of my hotel makes pretty much everything walking distance--the brunch is in this hotel tomorrow, and our grandstand seats for the parade are across the street.

There was a nice little crafts market in the plaza today. I found a great bracelet, some earrings, and an adorable pair of capris that don't seem to fit me at all... damn, since I wanted to wear them to the Dyke March tomorrow. The plaza was also full of the homeless--I wonder where they will have to go when the grandstand is set up? I've had a lot of luck with street fairs, since Wednesday I found a silk chiffon scarf in a batik print that I will wear tomorrow with my lavender georgette dress.

Market Street itself is awash with rainbow flags. It's all very bustling and festive. I'm dying to see it when it really starts to swing into gear tomorrow. Between the lack of sleep, the travel, the shopping, and the many phone calls and time on the internet, the hour got away from me and I missed the concert tonight. Damn! I hope it was only Sharon Gless there, and not Ian and Nick.




The plaza itself is lovely. I don't remember this section of Market Street at all.

I think I will crash soon. Meeting up with Shari and Cody in the morning. Hope to see Ellen on Sunday and Jo on Monday.

No comments: