24 June 2002

This is a new one for me: Monday Mission 2.25 via PromoGuy.net

1. Do you wear glasses/contact lenses? If so would you consider going through Lasik surgery? (Or if you already have, please tell us about it) I normally wear glasses, and very occasionally, contacts. Theoretically I'd love to get Lasik, but I'm scared to death of it. As I inch closer and closer to bifocals, though, the surgery starts to become more palatable...

2. Did you ever have to wear braces? How are your teeth? (any cavities, any pulled teeth, root canals, etc.) Never wore braces. My teeth are abysmal--due to childhood antibiotics and many colas as an adult, I have almost no tooth enamel and my teeth are in very bad shape. Luckily, it's not very visible yet.

3. What (if any) recent movies have moved you emotionally? Which one and how so? "Lord of the Rings" moves me in *so* many ways. It got me back into fandom, the character relationships just don't end, and Boromir's death scene... wow. The other movies I'm into these days (I'm on a run of Ed Burns films, for example) tend to attract me more intellectually than emotionally.

4. I visited my dear Mema in the managed care facility Sunday and while she is doing well, I was sad for her. Living out your final days/years someplace like that seems so lonely to me. Would you rather live the remainder of your golden years in a rest home, or pass away before it came to that? I've lived the majority of my life alone, so ending it that way wouldn't be any big deal. But I'd definitely prefer to die before becoming bedridden or insensible to my surroundings.

5. Sometimes, but not nearly often enough, I will just stop and marvel at the amazing planet on which we live. The eco-system, life and death, nature, the perfect balance that keeps us alive, the universe, it can all be mind-boggling if you let your mind get carried away. What natural creation or phenomenon just flat-out leaves you with a sense of wonder? Living as I do, in the middle of a major city, I don't see a whole lot of natural creations! I love the sea (or for me here, Lake Michigan) about as much as I do anything in the world. For what I haven't seen personally but would love to marvel at, it's the New Zealand landscape (as seen in LOTR) and much of Australia (such as Ayers Rock).

6. Have you ever been in a fist fight or a situation where you had to get physically violent with someone else? How did that come about? Any consequences? Luckily, not for a very long while. However, while I was waiting (way too long, thank you, CTA) for a train this morning, I did get to experience a fistfight up-close-and-personal when one man asked another for a cigarette, prompting the second man to punch the first, with several punches ensuing, glass breaking, commuters scattering. Gotta love the city.

7. Many times I look back in hindsight and think of how I should have handled a situation. Are there any recent happenings that you wish you would have handled differently? What happened and what do you wish you'd done? ALL THE TIME. I spend more time second-guessing myself than I do living, generally. It's the largest single thing about myself that I wish I could change. It's hard to come up with any one recent thing that epitomizes this, though. Last one I remember mentioning to someone else was not speaking to an actor that I like at MediaWest. He is the costar of someone I used to be close to, and I made no attempt to meet him. Not sure why, and I really should have.

BONUS: How far away can you go, and still be dancing with me? As long as we can still make eye contact, we're still dancing together, even if it's from across the floor.


No comments: