1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Why?
People who build entire constructs, assumption on top of assumption, to "prove" something based on a bunch of guesses. That their construct might actually be close to the truth is not the point--it's the way they are, in fact, slotting someone into a box based on a series of probabilities (none of which may apply in the particular case). They are doing what they decry others (including the media) for doing, but it's OK because they're geeks, or fans, or otherwise "OK."
2. What irritating habits do you have?
I'm shy and arrogant simultaneously, which is horrifically aggravating to others. I find it almost impossible to approach a stranger, make a cold call, or otherwise do some of the simplest things that the average person has little or no problem with. I also lick my lips when nervous, to the point where it can drive people crazy.
3. Have you tried to change the irritating habits or just let them be?
I've worked a little on the shyness, but with little success. I try to keep the other nervous tics under control, but that only works when I'm aware of them!
4. What grosses you out more than anything else? Why?
Personal grooming in public places.
5. What one thing can you never see yourself doing that other people do?
Be comfortable and assertive on public occasions (other than those with which I am closely associated).
No comments:
Post a Comment