1. What was/is your favorite subject in school? Why?
Depends on the grade, really. I always liked literature, so at some levels, that was my favorite. Different teachers made different things interesting. All things being equal, English and History were my favorites, especially when woven together. I was always more interested in people than in places or things.
2. Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
I think it would have to be Mrs. Wasilewski, my third grade teacher. I was just crazy about her. She made everyone feel special. After I left her grade, she moved near me and I kept in touch for several years. I was devastated when she died young, of cancer, leaving a young daughter.
3. What is your favorite memory of school?
Well, moving from my small town to an even smaller, rural one suddenly made me the big-city, sophisticated girl at age 10, and that was a heady feeling. The flip side of that was moving BACK to my hometown later and finding that I was suddenly *totally* out of the loop, and never managed to get back in.
Aside from that, I remember having a modern dance segment in PE in middle school, where I choreographed a piece to "One Tin Soldier." It wasn't particularly well-received, but *I* loved doing it. Also, in high school, I was involved in drama club for a little over a year, won an award, and for the first and last time felt like I was a part of something. Didn't last, of course.
4. What was your favorite recess game?
Jacks.
5. What did you hate most about school?
Being painfully shy and unable to make new friends or insinuate myself into groups I was interested in joining.
No comments:
Post a Comment