17 September 2002

WireImage Photos

WireImage: Listings I saw this film, "Dirty Deeds" in Toronto, and it was a blast. Then again, how could you go wrong with Bryan Brown, John Goodman, and Sam Neill?

On another front, I missed "Evelyn" because it conflicted with the rare free time my friend Anne (who just started working as an ESL teacher in Toronto) had. Because of that, and because the Joseph Fiennes movie I was going to attend in its stead after she went home was sold out, I was in the Four Seasons killing time and met Elijah....

Here are more from Evelyn. I saw this press conference on Rogers TV "all TIFF all the time" channel in my hotel.

OK, go LOOK at this guy. His name is Alessandro Nivola, and he plays Frances McDormand's love interest in Laurel Canyon. He does his own singing in the movie (and his accent is British, fyi). How cute is he? I actually watched him **as much as I did Christian Bale** in the movie. Impressive, huh? Unfortunately, I went to the second screening and Frances wasn't there. I think Alessandro was, but the director was the only one who stood up and spoke. I would definitely recommend the movie.

All the "talk" at the time I arrived was about White Oleander, and most of *that* centered on Michelle and Alison. It's pretty rare for a "big" movie to get that positive a mention from the TIFF in-crowd.

No comments: