03 July 2002

I apologize for the delay in adding more notes and photos from San Francisco. I managed to get exactly 40 minutes sleep Monday night (thanks to the lovely flight attendant waking me up to ascertain if my seat belt was fastened--it was), and although I managed to get from the airport to work, through 8 hours including a post office trip, and then home, all without incident, and even picked up my window a/c unit and put it back in without killing myself, my cat, or my neighbors--at that point, I just died. For about 6 hours. Got up, toasted a frozen waffle, ate it, then went back to bed for another few hours. No writing, no importing of photos from microdrive, no photo editing or posting. (The shape I was in, HAD I done any, you wouldn't have wanted to see it--trust me.)

So, this will be a LOTR-less week for me, I guess, with the movie gone from The Vic. I guess 30 viewings is a decent number, although I was hoping to end on an ODD number--for some reason, those sound more believable. Maybe I'll just claim 29...

Anyway, off for home for the wonderful project of trying to get all the photos off my microdrive and onto my desktop computer (which can't import them directly). I just luuuurve moving the zip drive from computer to computer. At least I left the a/c running this morning so the computers shouldn't be too hot to run (let's not think about the electric bill just yet).

No comments: