1. Have you ever sold anything through an online auction? What did you sell and did you make very much?
So far, I haven't. Tried to sell one ice show ticket I couldn't use, but got no takers. However, I intend to start selling on ebay in the very near (as in immediate) future. Or at least *trying* to sell
2. Have you ever bought anything through an online auction? How was your experience?
ALL the time. Very nearly literally. There was a time, about a year ago, when I practically lived on ebay. Now, between the doll stuff and the LOTR stuff and a few other miscellaneous things, I'm still there pretty often. I think my latest count was 275 transactions. With the exception of ONE seller who took my money and didn't deliver, one seller who got payment, shipped the item, and THEN forgot all about both and gave me my ONLY piece of bad feedback, and two sellers who I thought seriously misrepresented their items, I've had no serious problems. Couple of items that I didn't insure got lost in the mail, but since these were during the same week, I tend to believe it was my PO and not the sellers. For the most part, the sellers have been from good to great, and I don't think 4 questionable transactions out of 275 is a bad average.
3. Do you like the sun? Getting a suntan? Have you ever had a bad sunburn?
I don't much like being in the sun when that's not the ONLY thing I'm doing--i.e., I like to lay out near the beach on one of the piers in Rogers Park (if there's a breeze and I can find a decent spot) and just read or listen to music, or just vegetate. I don't like working in the sun (one of the reasons I happily accepted a permanent move at Wrigley from the terrace to the gate) and I don't generally like just being in it. Sometimes I surprise myself by not minding, as I didn't at the SF Pride Parade--and I managed to burn my arms pretty well (not seriously, though). Luckily for me, my Arab blood usually means I don't burn easily, and even when I do burn, it's not severe and turns to tan pretty rapidly. I didn't used to burn at all, until I got to the point where between the two jobs I didn't get a single day at the beach all summer.
4. Are you a vegetarian? Why? If not, have you ever considered it?
Nope. I was a nonstrict vegetarian for a few years between stints in college (i.e., if I was at someone's house and they served meat, I would eat it, but I never cooked it for myself). I felt pretty healthy during that time, and was rather pleased with myself. But mostly, I like the taste of meat, and there are enough other problems in the world that I don't think my abstaining from meat because of the way food animals are treated is really worth the effort.
5. Suppose you are getting into your car after you've just made your purchase from a store you visit twice a week. You suddenly realize you had a .35¢ item in your hand and you forgot to pay for it. What would you do next? (what *would* you do, not what *should* you do)
Well, I wouldn't be getting into my car since I haven't driven in about 25 years. But aside from that, if I had *just* left the store that I frequent, I would most likely go back in and give them the money. If I'm there that often, I must like them and would certainly not wanting someone there thinking I was a thief. If I had gotten to the el or bus before I noticed, I would probably make a mental note to give them the money next time, but odds are good that I wouldn't remember to do it.
6. Sometimes it seems that there is just not enough time to do everything that must be done. Was there anything you wanted to accomplish this weekend that didn't get done?
Well, since I worked this weekend, almost nothing got done. I'd like to have finished editing the Pride photos, got the most necessary grocery items (especially litter), and I wish I'd gotten laundry done. Those are the biggies. LOTS of other stuff.
7. What is your favorite game to play with a group and/or an individual? (board game, computer game, athletic, etc.)
I'm not sure I have one anymore. There was a time it was RISK, and a time after that it was Trivial Pursuit. I'm not together often enough with a group to have one these days.
BONUS: One headline why believe it ?I don't know what this means!
No comments:
Post a Comment