05 July 2002

Today's Friday Five

1. Where are you right now? Sitting at my computer at work, wishing I had a 4-day weekend like almost everyone else in the office--SO much photo editing remains to be done from SF trip. Realizing that getting 8 hours sleep on Wednesday night does not make up for less than 4 hours *last* night. Counting the minutes until lunch...

2. What have you lost recently? I lose things so continually that it barely registers any more.

3. What was the first CD you ever purchased? Does that embarrass you now? "Something by Erasure. Whatever was new in the UK the first time I heard them. I was *years* from having a CD player, but that didn't stop me. Erasure remains my favorite group.

Now, if you are mean first recording (don't forget, my generation bought *vinyl*), I bought two almost simultaneously: the original broadway cast album of "Hair," and Bobby Sherman's first album. And I can't say I'm embarrassed by either.

4. What is your favorite kind of writing pen? I a pen *freak*. I keep black note paper at work just so I can take catalog requests and such using gel pens, since I have no good use for them. I love good pens, like Schaeffer, and roller ball pens and stick pens... Lately I've favored Pilot pens, medium point, blue ink, preferably retractable (especially at Cubs, where stick pens can be awkward).

5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I'm one of those boring "vanilla" people, especially when it comes to Hagen Daazs. In Ben & Jerry, I like ... what's it called? ... vanilla chocolate caramel or something like that. But I'd just as soon have a really good vanilla, and either eat it plain or add my own toppings (especially chocolate syrup).

No comments: